20 cf Oxygen Tank Holder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ITV

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used 20 cf oxygen tank along with a stainless steel wand with 0.5 micron stone, oxygen regulator and flow meter. I wanted to buy/build a stand to hold the oxygen tank along with the flow meter.

As I was wandering my local Meijer's store, I came across a toilet paper holder that has a bracket up top for a roll of toilet paper and thought that it would make a suitable oxygen tank holder.

After a trip to the hardware store, I found some suitable metal to make some brackets to hold my flow meter.

Once the flow meter was mounted and the tubing complete, my setup works great. I noticed that I really didn't need the flow meter since my regulator is accurate. If I set the regulator to 1 l/min the flow meter verifies the flow setting. The flow meter has a dial which is convenient to shut the flow of oxygen off, of course I will use the valve on the oxygen tank to completely shut off the oxygen when I am done oxygenating.

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

When not in use I safety chain it (along with my 20# CO2 tank) to the side of my keezer.

It would make for a bad day if the 02 tank got knocked over and had the valve leak (think of it as a 2000 PSI accelerant letting loose).

IMG_0406.JPG

Back