$20 beer gun (yet another -- but w/ 'beer gun' air valve found at chain auto supply)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headspace

Reaction score
A $20 beer gun all w/ parts from the local chain auto store.

Like other beer gun knock-offs previously posted except, from what I can tell, this uses the same/similar push-button air-valve as the Blichmann but built into a plastic housing.

It came from a gizmo called "Turbo Venturi Mini Blow Gun" (~$10 - search amazon for it -- your local chain auto parts store probably has it). This was way too easy and works way too well.

... dang -- what's that wine doing in the pic? I'll borrow from the winemakers and say: "it takes a lot of wine to make a good beer"

20140613_233445_resized.jpg

20140613_234100_resized.jpg

Looking at the pictures, does this just flush the bottles with co2, then the beer runs through the bottling wand via gravity? Or am I completely wrong? (never seen/used the Bliichman in action)

Looking at the pictures, does this just flush the bottles with co2, then the beer runs through the bottling wand via gravity? Or am I completely wrong? (never seen/used the Bliichman in action)
That is what it looks like to me. This is just a way to purge bottles with CO2 and not a counter pressure bottle filler.

see youtube and google for a demo of the beer gun and uses (and many beer gun vs counter pressure filler discussions elsewhere on this forum).

Don't want to start one of those threads, just that, if you have a chain auto parts store near by, you can have a beer gun-like thing in about an hour for $20.

This is mainly for purging oxygen (but I push w/ CO2, not gravity)

Add in a #2 Drilled stopper and you should be pretty close to a counter pressure filler. You may need to finagle the seal where the liquid and gas are fed through (to make sure you do not leak, heck it will probably need to be bored out a little more for both to fit through).

Back