2 weeks - no carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopinista

Reaction score
So this has me a little stumped. I'm not an expert but am by no means new either, I've been brewing for 4 years and roughly 60 or so batches.

I bottled a Bière de Garde 2 weeks ago, I opened one to test just now and it is delicious, just no carbonation whatsoever.

I've had bigger beers take a long time to carb up but there's usually -some- signs two weeks in. The only thing I can think of is I racked it very clear, there's almost no trub in the bottles.

The only reason I'm not too worried is it doesn't taste oxidized so I'm guessing something might be working, however extremely slowly.

Any insights would be appreciated.

I think you need to give it more time. Where are the bottles? What is the room temp? What was the OG and FG of the beer? What size bottles did you use? I found bombers take a bit longer to carb up.

Yeah definitely more time. I know your experience has been different but my belgian brown which had an OG of 1.070 and an FG of 1.018 was not even remotely carbonated 2 weeks after bottling in bombers. 3 weeks it had some carbonation and by the 4th week it was much better. I just had a bottle on Saturday last and it was carbonated the way I had intended it to be. I bottled on 2/5/2014. They sat in 68º in boxes in a corner.

Back