2 Tier Direct fire RIMS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danz

Reaction score
Being on a tight budget this has been progressing very slow but its getting close. I took it for a manual test drive and worked awesome! Cant wait to get a pump and finish this up.

Mash Tun - Inverted keg with bottom sanke drain from
oGXXZYl.jpg

Bobby_M (Super fast and awesome experience) . Keg was badly damaged so just wacked the whole bottom off.

StxVnXm.jpg

Used a vinyl tube split down the middle and a 16" plastic flowerpot base as a lid. Very tight and only lost 1deg during the mash. :rockin:

False Bottom - I mangled the hell out of mine and a fellow homebrewer who wishs to go unamed saved my ass and sent me this, impressive. Worked awesome, some smaller grains got though but with simple strainer was able to catch it all so nothing made it into the kettle.

4uEd3VG.jpg

Keggle - Standard with whirlpool port and bottom valve. Plan on adding a sightglass and temp sensor.

4NTkjsr.jpg

My advanced jig with PVC cap to go into the top sanke, worked perfectly.

ETrjbZU.jpg

Cut and full of burs but pretty clean.

36NTiE6.jpg

My helper learning how to drill, slow... slow... slow...

qvWg3Jl.jpg

Picked this up last minute from the Homebrew Store for $19.99, pretty good buy!

BFI7sQa.jpg

Drilled it a little low...whoops but it works.

TnvPbHE.jpg

This was suppose to be on the bottom BUT it wouldnt get water tight so became a whirlpool port.

AQ8lKIb.jpg

Just add wort

eN31luc.jpg

On the mock stand, once I work out the proper size will remake in metal.

8X3Y2Ea.jpg
[/IMG]
Most my unevenful brewday. Well till the wind took out my hydrometer.

All in all I am very pleased with the system, next brew there will be a stainless chugger pulling from the kettle to the mash tun.

Cant wait to rebrew my Red Rye DIPA on this!

Back