2 Stage Temp Control Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groo

Reaction score
My dad got a free chest freezer and now I'm looking a temp control options but have a question.

With the two stage Ranco or Love is it possible to have to beers in the fermentation chamber and keep one beer 50 degrees with a heating wrap and the other at 35? Do these controllers use two probes that can work independently and simulataneosly?

Don't think so. Think you'd need two controllers to do something like that. Two stage just means that it controls both heating and cooling.

I don't think so. They have one probe, and the cooling kicks in when the temp goes over a set level, and the heating kicks in when it goes below a different set level. For two separate temperatures, I think you'd need two controllers, or a more complex one like one of the love controllers.

Thanks for the info. If i go with the Love controllers that accept two probes this might possible?

You forced me to read and see if any accepted two probes.

Thanks for the info. If i go with the Love controllers that accept two probes this might possible?

You forced me to read and see if any accepted two probes.

I have no idea which models or how much they cost, I just happen to know that love does make controller with that capability.

Back