2 quick keezer questions..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewAlchemy

Reaction score
Ok working on purchasing all of my keezer build supplies. I was wondering is it really important to purchase a "gas line", like those red vinyl lines for co2, or can i just simpy use the vinyl tubing from my liquid line for the same as the gas? I notices the red gas line are 5/16 ID so i dont knwo if that would work on my distributor/manifold that is 1/4.

And just checking, but at 3/16 ID vinyl liquid line at 10 feet per draft is the recommended line and length correct? I dont need one of those hig end "beer" lines?

There's nothing special about the gas line in terms of the color, but 5/16" is what you'll need. It's also recommended that you use 3/16" for your beer line, and length is really dependent on a number of things (see line balancing calculators). That said, starting with 10' is fine, and will probably work well.

As for high end beer lines, I just get mine through my LHBS or the normal online places (kegconnection, AHS, midwest). I did end up with one line that came with a kegging kit (unknown source as it was a gift) that REALLY tasted like plastic. Replaced it with a line from one of the sources above and all is well.

EDIT: forgot to mention that the 1/4" distributor is the correct size for 5/16" gas line.

Back