2 Liter Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GioGomez2010

Reaction score
So I'm on my third brew and made an APA. I've been buying local craft brews collecting bottles but by the end of the bottling session I discovered I miscalculated my bottle count! I was short and had batch primed and didn't want to let beer go to waste so I grabbed an empty 2 liter, sanitized and bottled. Has anyone ever done this and if so any problems? I figure it's the same thing just a big ass bottle but wanted to make sure it wouldn't have a hard time carbing at that size. Thanks!

Should be just fine. I just watched an episode of NB TV and Jamil from Heretic was serving the guys samples from 2L bottles.

:off: OP: Habs fan by any chance?

On Topic: I'm going to bottle my "session" ale exclusively in 2L pop bottles, saves money and time.

Anybody ever try Perrier (sparkling water) bottles?
Green glass. 750 ml. Screw cap.

I paused for a minute last weekend as I was chucking a few into the recycle bin and stroked my imaginary beard "hmmmmmm.......that there's a perfectly good 25 oz. bottle....."

Hey all thanks for the reassurance! I hadn't heard of any one doing two liters as a possible bottle alternative to 12 oz and 1L but glad its no problem. I figured I was fine since I sanitized everything well, Can't wait to taste!

Back