2 kegs carbonated, one won't?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilishprune

Reaction score
I have a keezer with one regulator connected to a 3 way manifold with 3 check valves. All of the valves are open, and two of the kegs connected to the manifold are deliciously carbonated and enjoyable. However, the other keg, that I put in there about 2 weeks before the other two, hasn't carbonated at this point.

I left the serving pressure on about 13.5 PSI for the entire time that they've been in there which has been about a month and a half for the non-carbonated keg.

I checked the disconnect, and when I press on the little black thing on the inside CO2 comes out, so do you have any other ideas why this might be going on? What could I try?

I'm thinking there's something wrong with your ball lock poppet. I think if it was a leak, you would have ran out of CO2 over a month period.

So what could be wrong with it that makes it not carbonate? The beer pushes out just fine, as far as I know. I don't know if it's residual pressure or not at this point, but I might go try and vent it all out, and then hook it back up to CO2 to check.

I just checked it and there is definitely gas flowing into the keg. My only thought would be that it's just taking a really long time for some reason? Anyone else have any experiences like that?

As an update to this, the beer in this keg still has no carbonation. Any more advice?

I've noticed that when I open the other 2 taps on the kegerator, they make a similar sound (sort of like opening a can of soda), while the tap in question does not. Does that help at all?

Back