2 5 gallon igloo seat top cooler w/spigot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewsbrothers

Reaction score
Hey everyone in the DIY world i have recently gotten my hands on two 5 gallon gatorade water jug/coolers seat top with spigot i have seen a few pictures around of people who have built brew rigs with them so i am looking for ideas of what i can do with them so any suggestions???????

Two most common uses for coolers are mash tuns and hot liquor tanks. The 5 gallon size can be limiting for a mash tun depending on batch size and grain bill. I don't think a 5 gallon cooler would work for a HLT, unless your batch size is less than 5 gallons.

You could always use one of them to dispense gatorade, to aid in your post brew day recovery.

Ok, two five gallon coolers and a 8-10 gallon kettle will make a nice five gallon setup for moderate gravity brewing. I would put an electric elements in the HLT, heat the strike water, then the sparge. Electrify the kettle when the opportunity presents. Or build a couple of heatsticks and brew anywhere you have the power and water available.

Back