1st time kegging, beer in regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbohlia

Reaction score
Just kegged my first kegs and after lowering pressure I walked away for a moment and came back to find beer traveling up the lines into the regulator. It's brand new and I'm hoping I didn't trash it right out of the gate.bis there anything I can do?!?

You can clean it. And you can add a check valve so it doesn't happen again. Was beer all the way into the regulator? If so there are piece of it that are pretty easy to take apart and clean. The regulator body comes apart, but the gauges are a pain in the butt for me to get apart. You will certainly want to clean the gas line.

I don't know how far it went into the regulator but I think I cought it pretty early before it went to far into it. I'll tear it apart as far as I feel comfortable and clean it and hopefully it will live to carb another day. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back