1st batch bottled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evaug004

Reaction score
Bottled my first batch ever Friday night. 5 gallon of American ale. Can't wait to taste after carbonating the next two weeks. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387746725.107175.jpgnotes to come shortly

So I brewed around 5 gallon batch that started at an OG of 1.043 and got a FG of 1.008 giving a ABV of 5.51. Used 1 oz Wilmette at 60 and 1 oz of cascade at 15, yeast was a Safale us-05. I am a newbie so I didn't calculate temp corrections for Alcohol content. I will def be more precise in future batches. I will def give this American wheat some time to carbonate.

Congrats on your first batch. I normally sample a bottle at 1 week then again at 2 weeks just to know for sure where the carbonation level is at, for the specific style of beer brewed. 2-3 weeks should be ideal. Cheers!

TAsted a bottle at a week although not fully carbonated it was good. A little darker than blue moon. Was fully flavored and tasty. Should be good to go by end of next week. Looking to do a parta mash on my neck batch. Any recommendations on a Belgium ale or IPA. ?ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388343536.376291.jpg

If you like 90 minute ipa by dfh there is a really good recipe floating around these forums.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Home Brew mobile app

If that's the Northern Brewer American wheat kit, then you have yourself a great beer! That was my first batch ever, and it's my favorite. I've brewed it 3 more times since the first. It really hits its stride in 3 weeks. I've brewed the Bavarian hefe, cream ale and caribou slobber from NB, but I keep going back to the American wheat.

Yea it was the American wheat. Turned out good I think. Then again 1st time I can't complin

I need to get a wort chiller since I used a friends id say 1/2 50' ft for 5 gallon batches so I can move up to 10 if need be?

Back