1st airlock I've heard in 13 years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northernwheat

Reaction score
Hey peeps. I just joined so I could share my enthusiasm with like minded beer freaks. My 1st batch in at least 13 years is happily fermenting under my pool table and I'm so thrilled! Yay for me!

I think I'm in beer brewing 1st grade right now with my Coopers kit. Thank God I skipped preschool with Mr. Beer. Ha!

I can't wait to learn what 2nd grade is...I'll see. Something about brewing barley or something in a bag like tea.

Geez...men...all I said was teabag and HWMBO gets all perky. Freak.

Anyway, back to beer school. When I get to beer high school...I figure I'll be growing my own hops.

College? I'll be teaching noob biotches how not to buy stupid beer kits and answering the same stupid question a hundred times a day. Bahahaha. I crack me up.

Yeah, welcome back!

I've returned from a many-year hiatus just last December, so I can share your enthusiasm.

Hell of a fun hobby.

Get started on growing hops NOW. They take a year or two to really get going. By then you will already be telling newbs what not to buy.

Homer guy, never mind. I looked into hop growing stuff. Not for me. Waaay too high maintenance. Plus I live in the desert.

The desert part will kill you. Growing hops is actually very easy. The cascades I have growing are like weeds. As long as you add plenty of water, and give then a line to grow on, they will grow. Excessive heat is hard on them though.

I'm thinking about adding a few more plants this year. Need to get started NOW though. It's getting late to order.

Back