1970s Conn Organ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic0

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I found a Conn organ from the 1970s in the classifieds this morning, somebody in town is giving it away free. Works except for he said some of the pedals play the same notes. But it's FREE.

I don't need this... but I don't not need one either. And I have a truck now with which to haul. I should find out tonight if it is still available. This is a long shot... but does anyone happen to know anything about these?

Thanks,

Nic

I don't know about the Conn, but if it works it should be worth something to somebody. I'm in a similar situation myself. I recently picked up a mid-60s Hammond M-101 for free off craigslist. I got it from a church and was told it worked but they cut the cord off several years ago because it was frayed and the kids kept plugging it in to play with. I took it because I read somewhere that, electronically, the amp was very similar to the old Fenders and would make a good guitar amp. I haven't done anything with it yet. Cosmetically, it's almost like new. It would be a shame to tear it apart.

Well I picked up my Conn... have no idea what model it is as I didn't see it obviously makred anywhere. BUt it, too, is almost new looking... very good condition. There is some problem with the pedals though. Two octaves worth of pedals, I think most of the upper octave play the same note, and one or more of the lower octave notes play the wrong note, or only play the right note after first playing a higher note. Makes a lot of sense, I know. But it was free. So I guess I'll try to take it apart and see how much of a nightmare of wires and non IC components are in there. Maybe I can make it work.

CONN_Organ2.JPG

Back