17 days to keep 25 people quenched?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njviking

Reaction score
So my family just dumped a reunion on me bacause they they got a cheap house to rent.

I gotta get grain to glass in 2 weeks. Im brewing 11 gal centennial blonde tomorrow, 11 gal citra, amarillo centennial blonde sat. Those should be good for the time but i need something else for a quick turn around. Any suggestions? Im thinking an american wheat at 1.035 should be quick and a rye about the same og.

Any suggestions?

So my family just dumped a reunion on me bacause they they got a cheap house to rent.

I gotta get grain to glass in 2 weeks. Im brewing 11 gal centennial blonde tomorrow, 11 gal citra, amarillo centennial blonde sat. Those should be good for the time but i need something else for a quick turn around. Any suggestions? Im thinking an american wheat at 1.035 should be quick and a rye about the same og.

Any suggestions?

If you like hefeweizen, that is a good quick crowd pleaser. An OG of 1.040-1.045, and a simple 50/50 wheat/two row grainbill, some bittering hops, with hefe yeast, and you've got a beer.

If you like hefeweizen, that is a good quick crowd pleaser. An OG of 1.040-1.045, and a simple 50/50 wheat/two row grainbill, some bittering hops, with hefe yeast, and you've got a beer.

Would 05 take longer or should i go with wlp 300?

Would 05 take longer or should i go with wlp 300?

S05 would get you an American wheat, which may be boring, while WLP300 is a good standard hefeweizen yeast. It depends on what you want to make. If you want to make an American wheat, I'd use some specialty grains to make it more interesting and consider using a more flocculant yeast.

S05 would get you an American wheat, which may be boring, while WLP300 is a good standard hefeweizen yeast. It depends on what you want to make. If you want to make an American wheat, I'd use some specialty grains to make it more interesting and consider using a more flocculant yeast.

Boring is ok I guess. I live litterally 10 min from a pretty good homebrew shop. Im pretty sure they'd have 300 and i have a stock of 05. following your train of thought, wojldthe heffe yeast finish as fast as 05 in your opinion?

How about some session ales? 1.040-1.008 ish, quick torn around and lots of flavor. Or a nice and easy saison with 3711?

Boring is ok I guess. I live litterally 10 min from a pretty good homebrew shop. Im pretty sure they'd have 300 and i have a stock of 05. following your train of thought, wojldthe heffe yeast finish as fast as 05 in your opinion?

The hefe yeast would finish faster, and you wouldn't have to worry about flocculation.

A hefe is a great suggestion and I'd use the 300. I've had S05 take a little longer to flocculate from time to time. There was no reason that I could tell, it just did whatever it wanted to do.

The first 11 gal batch is now in the fermenter. Bier munchers centennial blode , for the bmc people.

I'm on a roll so might as well do 11 more gallons today. This time it will be the centennial blonde but hopped with citra and amarillo.

Tomorrow is a 6 gal batch of my all dayish ipa and a 6 gallon batch of a heffe just for good measure.

Thats 34 gal of beer that will hopefully last the week..

wish me luck

Back