• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Florida 15 gal BIAB kettle and recirculation infusion filter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fr5ed

Silent Five Brewing
Reaction score
18034127_10155301584489874_7738769750506212307_n.jpg

More photos here: https://goo.gl/photos/d2gb6ekJTYDt4Ncz7

Price: Original cost: $725
Selling for: $500

Local pickup in Apopka, FL 32703 (Not prepared to ship at this time.)

I love my Brew-Boss system and have brewed 15 fabulous beers so far. I am selling the kettle and the filter basket in order to move into the 20 gallon size.

This is a great way to get into the BIAB (brew in a bag/basket) method of brewing. With this setup I am selling you just need to add a heating element, thermal probe, a valve, and a pump to recirculate the wort. (You will also need a power source and preferably a power level controller for your heating element. Alternatively you can easily block off the port for the heater (using a blank and tri-clover clamp) and just use a propane heater instead of going electric.)

• 15 Gallon Brew-Boss Kettle with Welded 1-1/2" Tri-Clamp ferrules for the heater and valve. This kettle includes two Tri-Clamp ferrules for a valve and heater assembly. Also includes the Cover, Accessory Port, and Direct Contact Weldless Temperature Probe Mount. BONUS: I etched gallon markings on the inside of the kettle.
  • Stainless steel mesh basket for BIAB (brew in a bag/basket) method of mashing. This item is provided for brewers to add to their existing (Brew-Boss or other Manufacturer) breweries and includes the following items:
  • Mesh basket with 2.5" long feet to clear heating element.
  • Mesh Cover with Stainless Steel Clamps and Handle
  • Center Infusion Tube
  • False Bottom with Threaded Infusion Tube Mount
  • Stainless Elbow Fitting for Top of Infusion Tube
  • Stainless Lift Ring Adapter
  • Type C Camlock Female Fitting
  • 12" Silicone Brewery Grade Tubing

This mash option uses a stainless steel mesh basket (COFI Filter) to contain the grains. This mesh basket is also equipped with a cover that prevents grains from exiting the basket over the top edge during mashing. This allows higher flow rates during mashing which can provide more efficient conversion. Recirculated wort is delivered to the grains via a special center infusion tube that maximizes coverage of all grains inside the filter, creating a very steady temperature profile within the grain bed without the need for stirring. The COFI filter also includes a Patent Pending false bottom within the filter that allows the grains to be squeezed when they are removed like a reverse French Press. This assures maximum extraction of sugars trapped within the grains and eliminates the need for a sparge.

I have had 21 pounds in it (crushed to 0.035") and there is still room for at least a couple more pounds.

Definitely interested if you can ship to Illinois? Its just what I'm looking for...

rssayer and Bughetto - sorry for the delay. I am still in the process of obtaining my 20 gallon setup. As it turns out I will be adding the current heating element and thermal probe to this sale for an additional $50. The total price of the setup is now $550. That being said I have not planned for shipping. I would need to get a proper box and protective packing materials, figure out cost, etc.

Hello fr5ed,
I would like to buy your Brew-Boss. I live in Saint Louis, MO with a zip code of 63129. I can send you the money via PayPal if you'd like. Thank you for your time.

Fred Tolerico

Back