14.5 Gallon Cooler. Have you seen these?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We buy the Jack Daniels Lynchburg Lemonade sometimes during the summer. I know you are saying its not going to be like that. It would be nice to be able to make something like that though

Oh hell, I never meant to completely derail a thread about big coolers. After posting, I spent way too much time looking at buying a new cooler for a mash tun. Now I come back to this. Sorry. Back to coolers
homebrudoc

No one particularly derailed anything but, since I've already taken the leap, I would recommend that any of you wait until I give my review. I'll tell you how well it worked, how good the temperature stayed put, what I think the thickness of the walls are, inside diameter, any recommendations and definitely not the least - how well I was able to fit a false bottom and valve into it.

Well, guys. Here's my update. Buy it! It is awesome! There is no problems fitting any valves or false bottom in it. It is only as tall as my Rubbermaid 10 gallon. It's width is wider but, I think it's walls are about the same thickness. It's built well if you're comparing it to a Rubbermaid and I can tell it's going to work fine! It's a great way to get almost a 15 gallon mash tun for 55 bucks. If any of you want more particulars like the diameters that I mentioned or anything, let me know. I'll give them to you. I just figured that me saying that it was badass would probably be good enough.
It's a killer deal. Go for it!

Well, guys. Here's my update. Buy it! It is awesome! There is no problems fitting any valves or false bottom in it. It is only as tall as my Rubbermaid 10 gallon. It's width is wider but, I think it's walls are about the same thickness. It's built well if you're comparing it to a Rubbermaid and I can tell it's going to work fine! It's a great way to get almost a 15 gallon mash tun for 55 bucks. If any of you want more particulars like the diameters that I mentioned or anything, let me know. I'll give them to you. I just figured that me saying that it was badass would probably be good enough.
It's a killer deal. Go for it!

right on! it wasn't a lemon! Sweet! think i'll pick one up next week, so my current bulk head will just slip into it as is?

right on! it wasn't a lemon! Sweet! think i'll pick one up next week, so my current bulk head will just slip into it as is?
My bulkhead is the 3-in long one. It didn't take all of that but you would need a longer one than the shortest that you could use on a Rubbermaid 10 gallon. I just had to adjust my nut back to give it some more length.

Last edited:
I guess I should mention, I don't know how long the free shipping on it will last. Before when I was looking at them they were about 67 or 68 bucks after shipping. Go for it now while, it's still free shipping.

My bulkhead is the 3-in long one. It didn't take all of that but you would need a longer one than the shortest that you could use on a Rubbermaid 10 gallon. I just had to adjust my net back to give it some more length.

mines from ~2002, been through two mash tuns...it's long enough for a bazooka tube to screw into....maybe i'll still use this crack MT as a HLT now....

I guess I should mention, I don't know how long the free shipping on it will last. Before when I was looking at them they were about 67 or 68 bucks after shipping. Go for it now while, it's still free shipping.

LOL, i drink enough i'm not fast enough, and know how marketing works....i'll wait, $10 more ain't a big deal....

Latest posts

Back