12V DC panel mount connector

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bensiff

Reaction score
Any recommendations on panel mount connectors so I can plug in the cord from 12V DC motorized ball valves?

I'm going to use the regular 2.1 x 5.5 mm DC jack for my 24v pump, but I know some people use XLR for DC connections as well.

Jack
Plug

What connection is on the end of your ball valves? Bare wire, or is there already a plug?

The garden variety coaxial DC plug like you find on just about every laptop. Make sure it is rated for the current, easy to do.

They have the feature that you cannot bump positive and negative terminals when you insert them. They are easy to terminate, easy to mount, easy to find and are reasonably priced. XLR work also, but they are bigger and typically cost more.

Thanks guys, that is what I figured but wanted to double check that there wasn't something better. I have some of those floating around from my stir plate build so easy enough.

My PIDs run off DC. Why the hell didn't I just add a DC jack to the panel?

Latest posts

Back