12/7/2014 DDT: Easy Like Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Damn!

477D13A4-7C91-4D47-8F9E-686DC5220D13_zpsduuobtmx.jpg

This was fine, but not nearly as good as the regular 3F kriek.

Q1FqFyx.png

Which probably explains why it's still on the shelves.

Edit: may be the fact that I'm drinking it while I'm eating Hot Pockets, but this is how I felt the first time I tried it (sans Hot Pockets).

I actually drank like 3 or 4 of them. But I can honestly say they were not good lol.
I took one to the dome and shared my other with my brother, who loved it and still has the empty bottle. It was a bit odd but hit a lot of happy places for me.

X-post from the whiskey thread

Woah. Michter's 20year Bourbon (2012)

ZrkpKdF.png

Honestly, the closest thing I have ever had to a perfect whiskey. It's just everything it should be and nothing more or less.

It's perfect. And the chances of me finding a bottle of this on the shelf are ZERO!

Appearance: Deep brown leather color with fiery-red highlights. Beautiful legs and medium+ viscosity on the glass

Aroma: No heat. I can stick my nose deep in the glass and just get wafting aromas of banana bread, baking spices, fruit cake, vanilla, earthy oak, and some mysterious aroma that I can't put my finger on exactly. I love this intangible quality of certain drinks.

Taste: HELLO! And explosion of flavor. I've never had a whiskey that blossoms so much on my palate. It starts off with this warming tingle, then it just explodes with dark chocolate, almonds, banana bread, and vanilla all riding on a bed of perfectly integrated sweet oak.

Finish: Long. This is a whiskey to drink before bed and still have it on your palate when you wake up in the morning.

Overall: 10/10 A+

Thank you so much, GrumpyOldTroll, for sending me a sample of this. I'm just sad that I don't have the whole bottle!!!

Cheers

mLkC19a.jpg

FFF/Amager Arctic Sun Stone. I am disappoint. Drinkable, but bland and boring. No idea what they were going for here.

Knocked back Schlenkerla's Eiche Dopplebock in honor of zimbo joining us and also because I had purchased some earlier in the day. Recycled photo, no offense.
IMG_1857_zps5fd44727.jpg

Welcome Zimbo!

Knocked back Schlenkerla's Eiche Dopplebock in honor of zimbo joining us and also because I had purchased some earlier in the day. Recycled photo, no offense.
IMG_1857_zps5fd44727.jpg

Welcome Zimbo!

Aw shucks. Thanks. Gonna have to open my last one tonight for a toast then. And then restock with this year's batch later this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back