10yrs of brewing and

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. My names jeremy and I've been brewing off and on for the last 10yrs or so. I started 10yrs ago in an attempt to save money for beer at my weddign reception. Ha!! ya right, I made 45gals of beer for my reception a continental pilsner, an IPA, a nut brown, and a American Light. They were a hit and I didnt have any left after the reception, which kinda spurred me to keep brewing. Some years I brew alot other years maybe not at all, but thats mostly because of work. Being active duty military sometimes limits my brewing as to when I can and cant brew. I would like to expand my brewing setup, but with frequent moves every 4yrs or so I gotta keep it basic for now till I retire in 5yrs; which I'll expand my brewing to a more complex setup over my current 6.5 gal buckets, 48qt kettle and countless bottles. I am currently in the process of getting set up to start kegging my own beer. As I am tiring of the whole bottling process. I most likely won't stop completely with bottling, but would like to have the ability to split up my batches to have one on tap and a few in bottles. I currently have a German Oktoberfest in progress lagering down in the basement, I waited to brew it during the winter as it has made the temp control easier. One step up at a time at the cellar bulkhead drops the temp 1-3 deg. Top of the steps near the cellar bulkhead door maintains a constant 38deg, the bottom of the steps near the floor around 55deg.
I hope to learn alot from everyone here and I also hope to provide some help to those that need it.

Back