10G batch people. Describe your setup.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why can't you go higher than 1.060 with BIAB in a keggle?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

As listed above. Plus I've never considered adding water to the final volume and diluting the wort to make up 10 gallons.

IMG_20140602_140031_zpsorb6ffga.jpg

Here is mine, i swap the HLT and the BK around so i can do 10g batches, but mainly do 5g. The burner for the BK is wayyyy too close to work properly with the kettle on it's own, hence the keg top on that guy. i'll fix that some day, but it's more of a visual thing, and i don't really care :drunk:
but!
15gallon keggle, 10gallon igloo and 10g concord pot, pump and a small banjo burner and the huge banjo burner... all tied together with bedframes:drunk:

I'd love to hear about your clean up after fermentation. I fermed one batch in a half barrel sanke and was afraid that I couldn't get it clean enough to do it a second time.

I use two keggles, one for hlt and one for boil. I Jane two burners, and a big ass ss table. I heat my water on the table, and drain into my 56 qt. Cooler (Abbott to go 70 qt) with a copper manifold. Dump that into my ( I usually boil 13 gallons ) boil kettle and I have to be super vigilante to stave off from boil overs.

Back