100th Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did my 100th batch this spring. I decided to do a pretty high-test barleywine and then add 12 lbs of blackberries, to have kind of a barleywine/fruit wine hybrid. Still haven't packaged it.

Congrats. :mug:
You should have a beer to celebrate. I have a long way to go. Just bottled batch 15, but I started less than a year ago.

By a nasty coincidence, my 100th batch was my first infected batch. I think it took four or five batches, with cleaning and replacing items, to get rid of the infection.

Bottled the Kvass 2 weeks ago and it's good enough that I'm going to submit it to a competition and start a full 5G batch. Plan on bottling the Barleywine/Braggot tomorrow. Will let that one sit for quite awhile.

Nice job on 100! :mug:

According to my notes my 100th (2002) was an all Centennial hopped IPA. I guess that seemed fitting for the times.

100th beer how many sours?
No sours, unless you count the Tsar's Kvass that I did as a partigyle. But that was a preboil soured wort addition.
I'll admit, I have yet to have a sour beer, either commercial or homebrewed, that I've liked, so I don't see me doing any in the near future.
But, 5 years ago I would have said the same thing about IPAs, so my taste has evolved.........
ie. Never say Never

Latest posts

Back