10 Gallon Keggle Setup - Home made

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudini56

Reaction score
Title says 10 gallon, only because cant brew more than a 10 gallon batch - They are 1/2 barrels.. Stainless of course.

Figured I would throw a pic of my keg stand, its not new to me.. Started putting it all together about 2 years ago, took about 6-8 months slowly buying parts and pieces over time.

For the stand itself we used an old bed frame and extras left from my new garage door install. So really in the end the stand was free, just a lot of time and cutting..

Burners are bayou classic - Found them on Overstock for $40 each.

2 Stainless chugger pumps.

All cam lock fittings - homebrew hardware. com I think was where I got them

Keggles - 2 were purchased from a guy in New Hampshire - He pretty much made them up the way we wanted - Site glass, gauges, dip tube, false bottom etc.

1 we purchased, cut the top and added the site glass, therm and dip tube for our HLT.

Plate chiller (kinda regret this one, due to making such loaded hop forward beers) wish I went with a counter flow.

We made up a single gas line with braided stainless lines to burners, and a bayou classic regulator

The mash tun has a nice fitting lid, and a vorlof arm built in. False bottom of course.

HLT is straight forward - sight glass and dip tube with thermo

Boil kettle sight glass, sip tube, thermo and whirlpool arm.

All in all, outside of going all electric I think this set up is on the money. Everything needed to make brewing easy, and have the little extras.

Just wanted to share with everyone, maybe you see something you like with our design, and something you dont. I know when we were putting it together I spent a lot of time looking at other peoples set ups.

Back