10 gal batch with 2 different worts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_tripp

Reaction score
I am sharing my brew with a friend and we want to do a 10 gallon batch. I have a large enough mash tun to do 10 gallons, but I don't have a large boiling pot. I do have 2 turkey fryer kits so I want to know if I could separate the run off into 2 different pots. I would imagine that the first run will have more sugar and flavor so I would alternate the run off. I would move the hose back and forth into the two pots so they fill up equal.

Would this work or do I need to get a larger pot?

Thanks.

Your idea of blending sounds like it would do a good enough job, but it also sounds like a pain in the ass.

What about a Y splitter to split the output to the two pots?

I do two 5-gallon batches at a time these days. I've dabbled in a 10-gallon split and it works fine but it helps if you lauter your wort into something with easily-readable measurements. It's tough to eyeball that sort of volume.

Could I pour the run off in a pitcher then dump
them in alternate pots (one for you. one for you. one for you. one for you. etc.)?

Sure and then when you've cooled the wort, you can put half from each kettle into the fermenters. That would even things (IBU/flavor/aroma) out even more.

Latest posts

Back