1 out of 5 kegs has foamy pour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grathan

Reaction score
Just looking for ideas on what to look for when I take this keg apart for cleaning.

I have eliminated lines/taps as the problem from switching keg lines, so just curious mainly about keg features that cause foam.

I plan to look at the dip tube ID vs. the other kegs I have. What else??

Crap in the dip tube or poppits. I dry hopped an IPA and Lupulin glands made it into the keg. Foamed till I took it apart and found little bits of hops in the poppits.

Rudeboy

I'm having the same problem mine was pouring 1/4 foam and now it's all foam can't figure it out I'm about to rip it apart this weekend and see what I can find
Post your findings if you don't mind so I have some idea what going on , thanks

Check your female ball lock connections too. One of mine from the factory wasn't drilled properly where the hose connects. It's reduced opening caused me serious foam issues and a few headaches while finding it

The classic: failure of the o-ring under the Out dip tube flange. If that o-ring isn't doing its job, CO2 from the keg head space will be injected into the beer stream at the Out post...

Cheers!

The classic: failure of the o-ring under the Out dip tube flange. If that o-ring isn't doing its job, CO2 from the keg head space will be injected into the beer stream at the Out post...

Cheers!

Yep, that's by far the most likely cause.

Back