1 liter apfelwein - finished?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheatgerm

Reaction score
I made a 1.5 liter version of Edwort's apfelwein with some white labls wine/mead yeast. The recipe says it should take about 4 weeks to ferment, but after 1 week, the yeast dropped out and it's starting to clear. Airlock is dead. I'm assuming that's normal since I used a ton of yeast for such a small amount. Any thoughts on how much longer I should let it sit before bottling?

If you haven't taken a reading then you really don't know how mmuch yeast is stillworking, and where it is at. In terms of when to do something with it, later is better than sooner, most people won't touch mine til it's a year old. My timeframe for apfelwein is 6 months in the fermenter then 6 months in the bottle.

Dang, why can't I keep it straight that I need to do gravity readings. You'd think I would understand that by now. Duh. Thx for the quick reply.

Back