1 Gallon Grain Mixes Where to Buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street81

Reaction score
New to brewing but hooked already! I will be drinking my first homebrew Everyday IPA BBS and have Chocolate Maple Porter BBS fermenting now! I would like to try some other 1 gallon grain mixes but don't know where to start looking? What other sites offer similar 1 gallon grian mixes (includes grain, yeasts and hops) like BBS? If you can point me in the right direction would be great!

I also have been doing the 1 gallon BBS mixes. I just moved up to 5 gallon all grain now, but I like to keep a little 1 gallon batch going in the BBS carboy. I saw that Northern Brewer had 1 gallon kits that seemed complete. You could try there. Think they were like $10

I found this place. BNS Breing and DistillingI haven't used any of their kits though.
I also have a BBS kit and have done about 4 brews.
I started looking at Northern Brewery's 1 gallon mixes
Those seem exciting as you'll be incorporating malt extract
I get excited over the simple things

Brooklyn Brew shop has 1 gallon mixes. They also have a book with 52 seasonal brews. I bought it and wrote some down. Went to my LHBS and picked up a few batches. It's a bit cheaper that way.

I've made my own 1 Gallon Batches on Beer Smith.

I agree with developing your own 1 gallon batches. I think you should spend the small amount of money on Beersmith and create your own recipes. They'll be cheaper, easy to do and will really allow you to dial in which ingredients you do and don't like.

Totally agree. Buy Beersmith and make your own recipes. I enter 5 gallon recipes from on this forum, then use the scale recipe tool in BeerSmith.

I spend about $3 on grain for 1 gallon batches. Get a few 4 oz packages of pellet hops from Grain to Glass (http://www.graintoglasshomebrew.com/). I also make a 1.5 liter starter from a vial of White Labs yeast, split that up between 4 mason jars and I get 4 fermentations out of 1 vial. You should be able to make a batch for between 5 and 6 dollars that way.

Back