1 gallon Corny - Should I buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Better safe than dead. Kinda cool though, I never saw a 1 gallon job like that before.

Plus, those aren't 'cornie-type' connectors and who knows what the threading might be.

My local store now has those small metal, Grolsh-style kegs that have just get a plastic bung in the top and have the slide out plastic "tap" on the bottom/side. Probably hold about a gallon or so and are only about $10 each. Might be worth looking into.

I dont know - this thing is pretty awesome. I'm not scared of the solvent. It could be cleaned. That thing is polished, sweet.

I dont know - this thing is pretty awesome. I'm not scared of the solvent. It could be cleaned. That thing is polished, sweet.

Ya, me neither - I bought it. :D

The solvent residue was on the rim, dip tube, and dip tube well. It came right off with adhesive remover and an abrasive scrubbing pad. I decided to replace the dip tube since it had residue on the inside.

The only parts I needed were a new dip tube and posts, which I was able to source for free last week. Once I cut the new dip tube, I'll post some pictures of the finished product.

Back