1.5 Barrel, BCS with 4 Elements! Dream System!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElNess

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Brewers!

I am finally able to start my Dream Brew System! I am starting with 3 SS barrels, that I am picking up next week, and I 4 element control panel from ebrewsupply. It is a 50amp, BCS 462 system with 4x5500w elements, and 3 pumps! Lots of fun exciting stuff!

Anyway the next order of business is to get the valves and piping down. Now for the valves I have been looking all over the wed for the best SS Motorized Valves, I have found 2 sites that seem to fit my needs. ToFine and Oscsys seem to both be good quality valves, the only real difference is that the Oscsys valves are 12v while the ToFine are 110v. From what I understand, have been told, the 110v would be simpler to set up with the BCS. Thought?

The piping I am having a hard time with, I really want to go with Tri Clamps but not completely sure how to go about it. I do know I want to dimple and silver solder them to the kettles but I am not sure if I should us regular SS piping or use sanitary spools for the rest of the system. Ideas and any kind of help would be welcome!

SS Barrels and panel

image.jpg

4 5500 watt elements at 220 is 100 amps, unless you're not running them all at the same time. 50 amps will let you (just barely) run 2 elements at the same time, but is that enough heat to boil that much wort?

The 50amp panel will let me use 2 5500w elements and up to 2 pumps at the same time. So I won't be able to do back-to-back batches but still will be able to make descent time. I am also going to be insulating the pots for greater efficiency and faster runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back