1/2 barrel kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lycan

Reaction score
Been looking everywhere and can't find any kegs. Is there anywhere that I can look o find them. I know the sell fast but I look everyday for the past 2 months and haven't seen anything

See where the nearest scrap yard is and call them to see if they have any, much cheaper than new.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G using Home Brew Talk

With Michigan's new keg tag law, there should be plenty of abandoned kegs floating around before too long.

If it ain't got a tag when it goes back to the store, you forfeit the deposit and can be fined from what I hear. Makes selling your keg to a homebrewer much more appealing.

Nice. I'm going go be watching real close.

If you wanna sell one of yours let me know, I'll buy it plus pay shipping if cheap enough

Yeah, they made it sound like i was actually mentally handicapped when i called the local steel recycle plant and asked about kegs here in idaho... "Are you kidding? That is illegal... Did you not know that?" Wow, talk about feeling dumb. Guess i need to read about keg possesion laws here, huh?

I posted a want add on craigslist & been picking one up every month or two there hard to find ever one & there mom brews in Colorado

jjjj,

If you ever decide that maybe you would be willing to sell/ship one or 2 to me, let me know. I want to go all electric someday, and they would work great for BK and HLT. Shoot me a PM if that is something you might be interested in...

Thanks,
Ryan M.

I've managed to score a few from either ebay or Craigslist postings. I actually have one that arrived not too long ago, that's in reserve for when I move and go to setup for brewing 10 gallon batches regularly.

Lycan, if you're really hurting to get a 1/2 bbl keg, let me know (PM me)... Maybe we can work out a deal.

Back