1/2" ball valve to ball lock?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derp

Reaction score
I purchased NorCal's stainless dip tubes for my Speidel fermenters. I'd like to connect the 1/2" 3-piece ball valve to a ball lock Corny liquid connector for racking to a keg. What hardware should I purchase? I see 1/2" NPT barbs, but those are way too big for a ball lock connector. Any suggestions?

search for 1/2" NPT to corny and you will find a multitude of options.
The exact piece/post size will vary depending on your hardware.
There are a few different sizes of posts for the different kegs so make sure you pick up the right adapter or you may have to buy a new ball lock thingy

http://www.dresselbrew.com/Keg_Info.htm

Among the common flare fittings, Brewhardware has a whole bunch of specialized flare fittings too. One of those may work for you, with or without an adapter. Something like this MFL to 1/4" NPT.

Not sure if I would hard-connect a 1/2" ball valve to a ball lock QD directly, there's gonna be a lot of stress on that plastic MFL tail. I'd probably use a flexible connection, with a piece of tubing in between.

You might be better off just buying a 3/8" hose barb for the ball valve. Transfer will be slower, but it's easier to find NPT connectors that will work with 3/8" tubing.

I recently rigged up an adapter to go from 1/2" camlock to ball lock qd. I went to home depot and picked up a 1/2" NPT to 1/4" FPT reducer and a 1/4" MPT 1/4" barb. Brass 'Lead Free" fittings, it works for my purposes. My ball lock qd had a fixed 1/4" barb so figured there wasn't a point in trying for larger fittings/tubing.

I purchased NorCal's stainless dip tubes for my Speidel fermenters. I'd like to connect the 1/2" 3-piece ball valve to a ball lock Corny liquid connector for racking to a keg. What hardware should I purchase? I see 1/2" NPT barbs, but those are way too big for a ball lock connector. Any suggestions?

Ohh man you should have asked me. We have everything you need in house to do that for you. Send me a PM if you are still in the need I will hook you up.

Cheers
Jay

I recently rigged up an adapter to go from 1/2" camlock to ball lock qd. I went to home depot and picked up a 1/2" NPT to 1/4" FPT reducer and a 1/4" MPT 1/4" barb. Brass 'Lead Free" fittings, it works for my purposes. My ball lock qd had a fixed 1/4" barb so figured there wasn't a point in trying for larger fittings/tubing.

That's kind of what I did with my Hop Rocket.
imag0783-66966.jpg

I can plum it in on the brewing side with cam locks or I can use it in the keg-orator.:mug:

I forget where I got all the fittings from. Maybe either bargainfittings or from Bobby at brew hardare.

Latest posts

Back