1,000 to spend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigpaulie

Reaction score
If I had 1000 to buy on electric system where would my money better spent grainfather or Brewtech SS Controller and kettle

If you have access to 240 v go with system that 240.

I have a grainfather and the wait to get up to boiling is hideous (almost an hour).

I'd probably save money and go with an Anvil Foundry. It may not be as fast as other systems, but it's significantly less expensive.

15 gal Brewbuilt kettle, false bottom, blichman brewcommander, steam slayer and wisner bag... call Bobby, he will hook you up and you will be amazed at how easy your brewday is.

Anvil sale
file.jpeg

If I had 1000 to buy on electric system where would my money better spent grainfather or Brewtech SS Controller and kettle
If you dont have fermentation temp control like a fridge with an inkbird start there. Then buy a 5liter flask and stirplate if you dont have one. Then buy a brewing system with the money leftover.

The anvil 10.5 foundry is pretty solid if you budget for a 240 volt, 15 amp circuit to plug into. On 120v, its only marginally better than all other coffee urns.

Back