08-08-08 RIS Brew Day Get Togethers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil' Sparky

Cowboys EAC
Reaction score
Who all is organizing an 08-08-08 event where local guys are brewing together? It seems like this is the perfect time for this. Not only will you feel connected to our forum, but you can spend time hanging out with some of your local brew buddies (who are probably off on New Year's).

I'm going to get together with Reidstav and Deathweed, and possibly another brewer and his buddy. Anyone else is the College Station or N. Houston area that wants to join us is more than welcome.

I also think we should also take lots of pics to post up in a 08-08-08 brewday photo thread afterwards, so make sure you've got your cameras handy.

Cheers :mug:

Note: I'm not sure if this was the best forum to post this, so mods feel free to move it accordingly.

Evan! and I are brewing it this Saturday at his place. Since its the same batch I'm thinking of using a different yeast, because otherwise we'd be swapping the same exact beers(except for ferm. temps I guess). Maybe breaking the rules a bit, hopefully I won't get the boot from the swap. ;)

We brewed this yesterday at Evan's. It was damn cold, but I can't complain because the 'winter mix' held off all day so we didn't have to brew wet. I bought a couple great cigars, we had some of his great beers, his SWMBO went out and brought back some Five Guys burgers for us which we ate with one of my sour beers( sour beers and greasy food :ban: ). The beer came in a little low on volume and a bit high gravity, so we added a little water to get it back in the zone. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive for me, but I'd do it again today for another great day like that. Thanks Evan, I hope you had a good time too.

Yeah, Seth, I had a great time, man. We'll definitely do it again. Next time I'll make the drive.

I have pics at home but I still have to clean out my gallery because when I "upgraded" from gold to premium, my gallery space went from "unlimited" to "25mb". Yeah, real nice upgrade. Anyway, I'm in the process of del'ing some of them, and will post pics tonight.

So, anyway, I don't know what YOUR half of the batch is doing, Seth, but mine was chugging along like 20 minutes after we finished---and now it's stalled out at around 1.030. Seems a touch high to me...but it tastes great. I'm adding heat and gave it a good stir this morning.

yeah, the only thing I'm worried about is when I'll be in San Diego and somewhere is Texas in January.......Should find out after the 1st of the year....either way, we need to brew at my house soon, with lots of people

Back