“Corny Killer” experience?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerard weyns

FarmBrewRepeat
Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with this “Corny Killer” 5 gallon keg with a 4” tri clamp removable spear?
https://www.kegoutlet.com/16bbl-5-gallon-sanke-keg-with-tri-clamp-removable-spear.htmlWould solve the problem of myself, my dad, my father in-law, and my friends needing to swap liquid and gas lines between sankey and ball lock attachments all the time, and it has the potential to be a very versatile keg. Fermenting, carbonating, and serving could be as simple as swapping lids. $220 a keg... but if I get friends and family on board I could end up with a decent inventory. Worth it, or is traditional sankey just as versatile and worth the hassle of removing/installing spears for the money saved?

Last edited:
Does anybody have experience with this “Corny Killer” 5 gallon keg with a 4” tri clamp removable spear?
https://www.kegoutlet.com/16bbl-5-gallon-sanke-keg-with-tri-clamp-removable-spear.htmlWould solve the problem of myself, my dad, my father in-law, and my friends needing to swap liquid and gas lines between sankey and ball lock attachments all the time, and it has the potential to be a very versatile keg. Fermenting, carbonating, and serving could be as simple as swapping lids. $220 a keg... but if I get friends and family on board I could end up with a decent inventory. Worth it, or is traditional sankey just as versatile and worth the hassle of removing/installing spears for the money saved?

I have never seen that before so thanks for posting. Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but just wanted to say Go Cougs! (I'm a WSU alum, then Pullman resident, and former member of the Homebrewers of the Palouse)

Edit: Also, that thing is kinda dangerous for your average idiot - it's only a matter of time before someone forgets that their keg is pressurized, undoes the TC fitting and gets a spear to the face.

I have never seen that before so thanks for posting. Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but just wanted to say Go Cougs! (I'm a WSU alum, then Pullman resident, and former member of the Homebrewers of the Palouse)

Edit: Also, that thing is kinda dangerous for your average idiot - it's only a matter of time before someone forgets that their keg is pressurized, undoes the TC fitting and gets a spear to the face.
Go Cougs!! I graduated from Wazzu Pullman last Fall. Actually built my brewery up at school a few years ago. A couple of lectures may have been missed because of it... lol. Great observation I didn’t think about the potential for a spear to the face. The ball lock adapters look like a great solution. I won’t be getting any of my sankey deposits back, and there will still be a struggle with those damn corny O-rings, but it will ultimately be cheaper and safer. Thanks for the help guys!

Still really like the idea of this keg though. A couple of alterations and this could be in every home brewers garage. I’m thinking a safety catch for the spear, a second port for a carbonation stone, and dropping the price to around $150. I’ll take 5.

Back