Zombie dust clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnwatson83

Reaction score
I made this zombie dust all grain clone and the it looks a little odd to me. I know the London esb strain is flocculant but this is 10mins after pitching the yeast. I used whirfloc , I'm not sure if that caused this or not.

Sent from my PG86100 using Home Brew mobile app

1395473874085.jpg

it looks to me like trub that is settling. first time using whirlfloc? i was surprised by the amount of trub too, it'll compact. also, in my opinion, you have too much headspace in your carboy. your beer will probably be just fine though.

I have made that brew before and don't remember having that much trub on the bottom.Also looks like even more suspended. What was your volume amount? 5 gallons/3 gallons. If 3 gallons you are going to have a lot of trub and I advise using a fermenter that fits the recipe if it's 3 gallon or 5 gallon, too much headspace. Post your recipe please, I may want to try it again. TY

I made this zombie dust all grain clone and the it looks a little odd to me. I know the London esb strain is flocculant but this is 10mins after pitching the yeast. I used whirfloc , I'm not sure if that caused this or not.

Sent from my PG86100 using Home Brew mobile app

Well, since that's right after pitching, obviously the trub still hasn't settled yet, and the yeast is just getting to work. It'll be fine. It will probably look completely different in a couple of days. Plus, using whirlfloc always creates those clumpy bits until they compact and settle.

Back