Zhatezki Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sause

Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I found a beer that uses Zhatezki hops in it from Czech. This hop defintly has a different flavor than Saaz or Hallertauer or any other European hops. A google search found nothing on this hop. I was wondering if anybody else has had heard of this hop before. This hop has peaked my interest.

Could it possibly be a misspelling of Zatecky?
On the base of Regulation No. 503/2007 from 8th May 2007 the designation ZATECKY CHMEL (PDO) was registered in the List of Protected Designations of Origin and Protected Geographical Designations. In the European Union this is the first given designation for hops and one of the first designations given to Czech agricultural or food products.

The mark ZATECKY CHMEL can only be used for fine aroma hops of Saaz variety (all its registered clones) grown in Ratec (Saaz) hop growing region.
From Hop growers union of the Czech Republic. So it's basically a Saaz hop grown in the Saaz region.

Could be since the part of the bottle that is written in Czech say zatecky chmel. I never would have guessed that. It's weird since it doesn't taste like the same hop as a Pilsner Urquell or Czechvar.

Latest posts

Back