YouTube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omnidons-Brewing

Reaction score
What are some great beginner youtube videos or channels to check out?

Does anyone have their own?

Thanks!

Thanks cswis. Do they still produce new and regular uploads? Are they geared towards beginner/novice?

There are sooooo many......
Along with what was already mentioned
SJporr
Underthetablebrewing
Tony Yates
Clementshomebrew
Craigtube
Evertyhomebrewing
Larmo22
Half empty brewing
And that is just a start, you could spend days watching vids.

Thanks cswis. Do they still produce new and regular uploads? Are they geared towards beginner/novice?

BrewingTv doesn't but their old stuff is good. The other channels still have new uploads. I think that they are geared towards all experience levels. If you are looking for a step by step how to brew type channel these probably won't be helpful but you will definitely learn something.

Ok, thanks cswis. I don't think I need an actual step-by-step-by-step video or anything, but a video aimed at brewers who have only done 1-10 batches would be nice.

Ok, thanks cswis. I don't think I need an actual step-by-step-by-step video or anything, but a video aimed at brewers who have only done 1-10 batches would be nice.

Well most of the instructional videos that are out there are THEIR step by step process, so even though you don't feel you need one it's cool to see other people's way of making beer.

Most of the channels at some point have done step by step vids in the past and I like to go back and watch them so you know where they are coming from.

A lot of them also have updates on recent beers so there is always new content.

Beersmith has good info and cool guests. Brewdudes is cool because that do experiments and then discuss the outcome. Basic brewing is good if your looking for ideas.

I 2nd CraigTube, especially his kegging stuff. I also really like terpsichoreankid He's got a lot of stuff from what is a sanitizer to brew day videos (extract, all grain cooler tun, electric system set up and use).

TakeSomeAdvice.

You have to trust me on this :) Well, really just for the awesome comedy. I don't want to mislead anybody, ignore almost everything the guy says.

Oh dear god, I totally forgot about him, but like a week ago one of his horrific videos actually popped up on my Youtube page as a "recommended video."

I think it was because I was looking for a specific craigtube video that I remembered to post for someone on here. After the craigtube video finished one of TSA's videos autoplayed, I wasn't even paying attention until he said something ludicrious...and I think he might have even been wearing a paper face mask or something while drawing a gravity sample.

*shudder*

There's a couple video guys I like- I'm a fan of Gash Slugg out of Australia

And although he no longer posts, Chris Knight (who I think was on here for awhile) has some really detailed videos for various levels of brewers, from basic extract, through all grain.... If I'm looking to reference something specific to answer a question on here, I usually go to Chris or Craigtube to see what videos they have on a subject.

And the guys from the seminal Basic Brewing Podcast (which has been on for ever) have some good videos too...

Everything you can find on You Tube may not be the best advice/method. Ask questions here before you need to ask here how to fix a beer.

You can ask on my other forum too.

Back