your addicted to homebrewing when......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you've read every response in this thread to see if your normal.

If your LHBS calls your cell phone because they havent seen you in a week and wanted to know if everything was ok.

You get invited to a wedding and go ahead and brew a couple batches to bring to the reception, then offer to bring the beer.

...when the instructions for instant mashed potatoes calls for 2 cups of boiling water you factor in evaporation rate.

... you enjoy your first batch so much that your second batch isn't bottled, it's kegged.

... In your new kegerator,

... which you built while the second batch was fermenting. :)

... 4 taps, no waiting. :)

LOL! I love this thread...wait what does it mean that a lot of this has happened to me?

When you tell SWMBO that you only need to buy grains and hops from now on, and you realize you need a Chest freezer and a ranco...so you try to find things to sell on Craigslist to get the cash?

When you realize your 8 year old knows more about zymurgy, The malting process, and mashing than most adults ever will.

You know what zymurgy means.

when you make a video of your air lock and keep it looping on your desktop at work

When your comp room is also your brewery,just so you can watch & sniff the airlock. Not to mention listening to the blow off. And casting glances at that ever growing stack of aging,boxed ales...

...when your dearest friends and family stage an intervention and send you off to rehab, because you're destroying your life and the lives of everyone you love.

:p

I'm not destroying their lives,I'm just enabling! :D There's a difference between alcoholism & having a few pints after work in the afternoon. But this business of sip sip sip everyday has to stop!!

You're addicted to homebrew when there are eight beautiful belly dancers bouncing and bopping ten feet away and you're reading HBT on your iPhone.

Then you think, wtf am I doing?!!!

When you have panic attacks because you have an empty carboy.
Then you get concerned that your carboy is lonely, and buy another, and another, and another.....

CoalCreekBeer said:
When you have panic attacks because you have an empty carboy.
Then you get concerned that your carboy is lonely, and buy another, and another, and another.....

Send me one, my carboys are lonely too :) I have about 5 or 6 total and its still not enough, but it gets me off my butt to bottle/keg so I have room for more! I really need more cornies!

Send me one, my carboys are lonely too :) I have about 5 or 6 total and its still not enough, but it gets me off my butt to bottle/keg so I have room for more! I really need more cornies!

If I send you one, then it will just increase the loneliness of my poor poor carboys:(
Besides, everything is full, couldn't possibly send a full carboy away.

I knew I was hooked when I gave away my last six pack (AHS Blue Moon Clone) just so I could brew the Biermuncher Centennial Blonde I ordered. First AG and couldn't wait to get started.:drunk: Oh well get your brew on.

unionrdr said:
when your comp room is also your brewery,just so you can watch & sniff the airlock. Not to mention listening to the blow off. And casting glances at that ever growing stack of aging,boxed ales...

+1

Misplaced_Canuck said:
... When your first reaction to seeing a picnic cooler that flew out of a car on the Interstate is: "I wonder if I can salvage this into a mashtun?".

M_C

Happened this week.
Picked it up and it leaked. Grrrr I want a free mash tun.

I just looked at the clock, saw it was 10:56 and immediately thought of Wyeast American Ale, and now I need to brew an IPA.

That's bad...

when you are so concerned that someone offended P-J enough to get him to leave, not because you need his help (which I do), but because he is another homebrewer and homebrewers are the best!!

When the highlight of your wednesday is the news that P-J is back on HBT!!

when your child's preschool teacher is concerned that your daughter makes fake cocktails and alcoholic beverages for the children when playing kitchen. "dad- i was just making carrot beer." oh well- carrots- that's okay, right?

You call your MOTHER-IN-LAW from work to ask if your primary started bubbling and when she replies she doesnt know you ask her very kindly to sit and watch for a few minutes too check.
I did that LAST WEEK

now that fits for me....

BrewingRugger said:
When your three year old sees you washing your brew pot and she ask you if you "are going to make beer!!!"

My three year old came in and wondered when she was going to throw hops and i had to explain I had prehopped extract!

When you have 15 or 20 #s of hops in the freezer and you just got a # each of Cluster and Willammette, but you just can't resist a # of Mittelfruh, Brewers Gold and UK Admiral from Hops Direct.
At least that's what I hear.

BrewMU said:
When you have 15 or 20 #s of hops in the freezer and you just got a # each of Cluster and Willammette, but you just can't resist a # of Mittelfruh, Brewers Gold and UK Admiral from Hops Direct.
At least that's what I hear.

I just got about 8 #s of all European hops from hops direct, to add to my collection of over 30 # now..I'm glad I have a huge freezer..and brew 15 gallon batches!! Hops don't last at my house....
Igotsand

When your nephew says " when I grow up me probly not even need to read a book to know how to make beer cause me just watch you so much" he is 5 and helps me a lot. He also gose to the LHBS and picks out his soda kits with me.

When you see a commercial that says Vagisil will lower your ph and run to see if Vagisil is cheaper than 5.2.

Back