You,the forum,will decide my next brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitehause

Reaction score
Ok....got a last minute day off (Wed) and want to make up a quick batch. No time to get more ingredients or make a starter.

Here's what I have....

1 pack S05...that's the only yeast. No time to dig into the yeast bank and make an adequate starter, but S05 is pretty versatile.

Grain:
2 row pale ale(plenty)
Munich(2 1/2lbs)
Vienna(4lbs)
crystal 20 (1 1/2lb)
crystal 60 (1lb)
carapils (2lb)
melanoidin/aromatic (1lb)
a little wheat (1/2lb)

Hops: (a pound or more of each)
Columbus
Centennial
Simcoe
Citra
Amarillo
1 1/2oz Magnum

I already have a Pliny and Zombie Dust clone dryhopping.

I would like to get the Amarillo involved since I haven't used any this year, but no Amarillo isn't a deal breaker.

Please...proven recipes only, I'm not looking to experiment.

Dryhopping is fine, but no fruit, bacon, or small furry animals allowed.

I have a number of recipes, and I know there is a database, I'm just looking to have some fun with this and get some fresh Ideas.

It's not a competition, but I will post the "winner". I know I know.....some nobody from nowhere on an Internet forum will say "you win!" you'll be the envy of all your friends.

Anyway....If you've got a good recipe that uses the above ingredients let me know!:tank:

Ummm....

10# 2 Row
2.5# Munich
.5# Wheat

one ounce of magnum at 60
throw in whatever you want at 15, 10, 5, 0 and then dryhop with the same.
Boom, IPA which gets rid of your munich and wheat. I know you asked for "proven" recipes only but if you're looking to have fun and experiment then have fun and experiment. With those hops it's going to be hard to mess up an IPA. The recipe is only part of the process and an overrated part at that, if you're process is sound with those ingredients it be really hard to not make something good.

10lbs 4 oz 2 Row
1lb Crystal 20L
4 oz Carapils

1 oz Magnum 60min
.5 oz Citra 15min
.5oz/each Citra and Amarillo 10 min
.5 oz each Citra and Amarillo 5 min
.5 oz each Citra and Amarillo Flameout
2oz Citra and 1oz Amarillo Dry hop for 7 days

A slight variation of a damn good IPA recipe i made.

Well, this isn't much help but tomorrow I'm making a cream ale with simcoe for the first decent day in April. I just bottled a DIPA and have another DIPA just about ready now so I need something a little lighter as I'm just about out of APA.

Hoppy American Amber: 2row (to target gravity), all your munich and all your C60/C20. Hopped to your liking, say, magnum to bitter and plenty of amarillo/simcoe/citra late additions

Amarillo front and center. 11# 2-row, .5# aromatic mashed at 154. 1 oz magnum 60, 1oz amarillo at 15, 5, 0 dry hop each. 1.060 hoppy pale ale with some malty background flavor that still finishes nice and dry.

Horseballs and Bridgebrew take it.
I like Bridgebrews grain schedule, but Think I'm gona use Horseballs hops schedule.
:rockin:

Latest posts

Back