Yet another reason to love Bells Brewery...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chewse

Reaction score
Bell’s brews some great beers. I especially love the Two Heart Ale, the Porter and the Kalamazoo Stout.

But, as a really cheap SOB, I really appreate how freaking easy it is to remove the labels from their bottles. Just soak the bottle in warm water and an hour later the labels usually fall off by themselves. I’d say 1/2 of my homebrew bottles originally started off as Bell’s Brewery bottles.

This is like one of the most prophetic posts I’ve ever read.

I live in MI and when I was bottling I’d go to local liquor store and scavenge all the 2-hearted and Oberon bottles i could find. 10min soak in oxy and labels jumped off the bottle

I had cases of these bottles...

Thank you Larry!

Love this brewery for many reasons. This is a new one!

Had their Best Brown ale this past weekend and it was great, though it was out of a growler instead of bottles.

Bell’s brews some great beers. I especially love the Two Heart Ale, the Porter and the Kalamazoo Stout.

But, as a really cheap SOB, I really appreate how freaking easy it is to remove the labels from their bottles. Just soak the bottle in warm water and an hour later the labels usually fall off by themselves. I’d say 1/2 of my homebrew bottles originally started off as Bell’s Brewery bottles.

Same reason all my bottles are from Firestone Walker.

Feel the same way about Deschutes over here in OR. A lot of the old-school mid-tier breweries have standard bottles with easy-to-remove labels. Good reason to participate in #flagshipfebruary.

I like the DFH bottles and the labels are pretty easy. Funny how you appreciate different things regarding packaging when you have to pull off 2 cases worth of labels in a day.

Easiest I've ever found to remove was Harp, when someone bought me a 6 pack of it. Labels floated off after minimal soaking without any glue residue left behind. Not sure how it could get any easier.

Yeah and screw you Bells for cutting off distro to VA. Not that I really care, I don't buy it much especially since I began homebrewing. But some people are sad about it

I read into it more and it
Easiest I've ever found to remove was Harp, when someone bought me a 6 pack of it. Labels floated off after minimal soaking without any glue residue left behind. Not sure how it could get any easier.

Yeah and screw you Bells for cutting off distro to VA. Not that I really care, I don't buy it much especially since I began homebrewing. But some people are sad about it
really wasnt their fault the Distro they were using (Loveland) was bought out by Premier distributions and didnt disclose all of the info so bells wants to drop them as a distro rep but VA has a distrobution marrage clause that Bells is fighting to protect them selves.

Back