Yeast starter calculations with washed yeast.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texcan2000

Reaction score
Today I'm making a yeast starter with washed White Labs southern german lager yeast. The yeast was washed from primary 5 weeks ago. I will be brewing 2, 5 gallon batches, a Doppelbock and a Marzen. I washed the yeast into 4, 1 pint size mason jars. So far added the yeast of 2 mason jars into a 1.5L 1.04 starter. My question is does anyone have an estimate of what each mason jars amount of yeast is to help me better use yeast calc?

I have been unable to find a thread with the answer,
Thank you much.

Wow, impressive blog! What is the name of your book?I didn't see it on the blog.
Thank you much!

Nice! Glad to hear you've been working on something. I was bummed when the blog fell off. Any further info you can release on the book?

Thanks, The book builds off of the experiments done for the blog and creates practical application from them. It also includes new material that you can't find anywhere else.

Back