Yeast or a more sinister invader?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tennessee Brew

Reaction score
Did a Banana wine, smells fine but this came to the surface. (the white particles) Im thinking yeast it doesn't look fuzzy, it will fall out if agitated slightly. The darker is obviously raisins.

Attachments

• 20210705_204607.jpg
    20210705_204607.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 36
I'm inclined to agree that is a benign phenomenon, but only because the white chunks seem unconnected to each other.
What yeast strain was used? If it was wlp002 or 007 they're both known for doing weird "cottage cheese-y" looking things :)

Cheers!

I'm inclined to agree that is a benign phenomenon, but only because the white chunks seem unconnected to each other.
What yeast strain was used? If it was wlp002 or 007 they're both known for doing weird "cottage cheese-y" looking things :)

Cheers!
I used Lalvin 71B yeast. I think its ok, no weird smells and while doing a gravity test I sampled it, nothing wrong that I can detect..im still alive lol

Back