Yeast Hate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello

Reaction score
Seriously. What is with all this darn yeast? I walk into my LHBS and I have to get through all of the yeast just to get to my hops. I mean, why is it so dang important to have so many choices? It's so trendy to use different yeasts. Does anyone feel like yeast has taken over and there's really no value in this craze to use various yeasts?

Please, is anyone out there like me? Like twinsies?

Seriously. What is with all this darn yeast? I walk into my LHBS and I have to get through all of the yeast just to get to my hops. I mean, why is it so dang important to have so many choices? It's so trendy to use different yeasts. Does anyone feel like yeast has taken over and there's really no value in this craze to use various yeasts?

Please, is anyone out there like me? Like twinsies?

Agreed, it's freakin so ridiculous that yeast now consitutes 25% of the different ingredients in beer!

It's so unbalanced. Doesn't anyone like Malt, hops and water anymore?

Edit: if this post didn't strike you as sarcastic- you're doing it wrong. :mug:

and do they all really need their own unique name or number? can't they all just be called yeast? everyone knows it the hops that give beer all it's flavor.

meme-ermahgerd-farted-fart.jpg

The plethora of yeast choices are a little overwhelming. But in a good way. I think Hello is messing with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The plethora of yeast choices are a little overwhelming. But in a good way. I think Hello is messing with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back