Yeast for SMaSH IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacks

Reaction score
Hi all, it has recently come to my attention that while I have come a long ways in brewing, there are certain aspects that I am clueless in. I have done probably about 40 or 50 batches over the last year and a half, and I don't think I've used more than a half dozen types of yeast. While there is probably nothing wrong with that, I'd like to start learning up. However, until my books arrive, I'm going to reach out to HBT. I'm brewing a Belma SMaSH with either Optic or Maris Otter tomorrow and with IPA's, I would usually toss in either Notty or US-05, but since I really want to bring out the hops, I'm wondering if there's something else out there that would work better, and might have a flavor profile more suited to this recipe.

15# either Maris or Optic
1 oz Belma 60min
1 oz Belma 30min
2 oz Belma 10min
2 oz Belma Dry Hop for 14 days.

Thanks in advance, happy brewing!

Both of those yeasts are fine. 001 or 090 are also great. You just want a clean american ale yeast, and since the idea of a SMaSH is to single out the flavors, pick one and stick with it for all your SMaSH projects.

Back