Yeah, I'm Geeked up... Suggestions Please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenwoodRover

me-no-r-no Nice Guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So Phish renunion tour, Summer 2009

I've pre-ordered for Deercreek and Alpine.
I'm looking to build a jockey box for the 3 show 4 day swing. I want to have 4 beers on draft, 5gal each, one representing each band member.
My initial thoughts:
Mike: IPA - Inital OLIPA or and English OPLIA (see BierMunchers Recipe) or... Something Funked up with some interesting adjucnts, or uber hopped.
Trey: A Ska Brewing red ale clone (ie: and American red ale), or an american Pale Ale.
Page: Either a refreshing (is there one) amber, or a weiss...
Fish: Something real funky like DFH rasion, or maybe some ale yeast apfelwine with cherry concentrate to carb...

Remember its a summer tour so i'd like to keep it drinkable...

If your there look me up in the Green Tahoe for some yummies....

Thanks i'll prob catch the Comcast Center show in Mainsfield MA
Its been a long time since ive seen these guys jam

I'm obviously hitting up Hampton. Then whatever is close to me, depending on if I can get off of work.

Page - Rye Pale Ale (Punch you in the Rye) - this name dawned on me this summer
Mike - Saison fermented with a lambic blend (Funky *****)
Trey - definitely a red ale (Wading in the Velvet Sea?) - or a high gravity red called Heavy Things.
Fish - A stout with a nice creamy head (Fluffhead)

I will be at Alpine with hopefully two kegs and a jockey box. Haven't decided what to brew yet though.
Actually I am kind of worried about their free flowing alcohol rule. Back in the day I had plenty of tappers and kegs taken at alpine by security.

Enjoy the shows, life has changed since the hiatus and I wont be attending.

In '98 we went to Oswego and rented a moving truck, filled it with old couches, a tarp and beer (3 cornies, 2 commercial). We made a living room in the lot.

Anyone else get introduced to craft beer at Phish lots?

I tried my first Sierra Nevada, Long Trail, Magic Hat, and, well, the list goes on purchased "2 for $5" or traded for bootlegs of last week's show.

Back