Wyeast 2206 didn't ferment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
I brewed a pilsner Friday using 2206. The 2206 pack was from September. I created a step starter to get the cell count to 2.5m/ml x °P. I created a fast ferment test with a little of the slurry. That fermented great. I didn't see any CO2 activity from the batch so I tested it today with a hydrometer and it is still at OG.

The starter seemed to do fine. The FFT fermented down to a few points above expected so I know the yeast was ok. FFT was sitting on my counter at room temp (68 - 70). Pilsner is at 48°F. I would have thought the pitch rate was plenty for this to ferment. Would raising the temp and stirring the yeast start it up? Or should I get a dry packet tomorrow?

Eh, it's only been two days. I bet it takes off sometime Monday. I use 34/70 and two full days of lag at @50* seems like the norm for me.

Eh, it's only been two days. I bet it takes off sometime Monday. I use 34/70 and two full days of lag at @50* seems like the norm for me.

Yeah I just realized it was only 48 hours. I thought today was Monday lol

My other lagers usually do take off pretty quickly. I'll see how it goes tomorrow. If nothing happens by tomorrow night then I may warm it up just a little and swirl the yeast around

The only time mine ever took off like an ale yeast was when I pitched a starter at high krausen.

Long story, but I kind of got in a bind and had to. :p

Latest posts

Back