Wyeast 1214 a ***** to floc

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan42

Reaction score
A quick question, this is my first my first time using the abbey ale 1214 from wyeast. I brewed a sort of belgian speciality. I have heard that its a ***** to get it to floc and as you could expect nothing is really settling out in the carboy. Im not worried at all about that as I will follow the routine of cold crashing to help it out. However, I normally transfer to a secondary at week two and I will probably leave it in the primary this go around because its also sitting on about 4 oz of dry hops. Should I rack it off of the hops? The OG was 1.086 and there is not a whole lot of action in the airlock right now (lots of action 12-48 hours after pitching) this is the "biggest" beer I have brewed too. Should I wait and leave it the whole three weeks on the hops? Or wait the two weeks in the primary and then cold crash it for a week in the secondary? Just looking for some tips on fermenting this yeast strain.

Back