WTH no more Shirron Faucets?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blefferd

Reaction score
I got out of brewing and kegging about 3 1/2+ years ago. When I sold my kreezer I had three Shirron faucets on it. I thought they looked better than the perlicks. I am sure they work the same but the style was more "refined" on the shirrons.
Well I am back at it and have a turn key kegorator and really dislike the bar style faucet it has and was planning on putting a Shirron faucet on it and come to find out they are no more and I am stuck with Perlicks!! If I would have know this I would have kept the shirrons!

Upset, no. Curious, yes. There's a back story involved that I find interesting.

From what I've gathered, the Shirron relationship with Bradford Amidzich (the guy who invented the Ventmatic faucet that Shirron kinda sorta sold for a few years) dissolved around the time that the same guy did the 425 faucet design for Perlick (and that design is startlingly similar to the original Ventmatic).

Then Mr. Amidzich apparently decided he wanted that relationship to end, which resulted in Perlick having to pull the 425 off the market, replacing it with the 525, which appears to not share any IP with Amidzich.

Amidzich holds ten US patents, all involving beer dispensing. The history with Shirron and Perlick adds an eccentric twist which leaves me wondering if he'll surface sooner than later, perhaps with the Next Big Thing in faucets.

Meanwhile, if you want the closest thing to a Ventmatic faucet, find a 425SS. There're still some out there in the retail channel...

Cheers!

I remember there being some controversy over the two companies but nothing more than you stole my idea stuff lol (iirc)

I will keep my eye peeled for that style. After using a forward sealing faucet all other faucets pour like **** and are junk IMO lol.

The Perlick 525's, 575's,and t425's are all forward sealing but the old 425 is a closer match in design inside and out

image-4190485870.jpg

My 425ss faucets don't have the Perlick name on the side. Instead the name Perlick is on the top between the handle and shaft end. I bought these in 2005 I think. Anyone know the history? I've heard various tales of a warehouse / factory fire. Some lawsuits around that time.

Latest posts

Back