WTF 18 month lagering

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhCrap

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this?
I Bottled My "Devils Sidekick" v.2, dark lager, last night after a long time lagering (due to stuff getting in the way)
Anyways I was writing up my notes and reading back on dates I was surprised that it was sooooo long.
Went into lagering vessel on the 20th march 2013... 18months.
Added 1/3 pk yeast to bottling bucket and bottled her up. No visible infection or off smells. Crystal clear but lighter then expected in colour and the taste was a little thin but checking notes that's my fault...It'll probably turn into a bland dark coloured lager....

How did it taste at bottling? There is a thread on here about beers that sat a long time. You may be happily surprised at the results!

"Sometimes Im right half of the time..."

Too be honest, it was light with no real flavour profile (not unexpected) but drinkable... That was 17 days ago. I've tried it after 2 weeks and it was pretty good, as I said the flavour I went for had faded and it was a little undercarbed but I'd say next week I'll have a good lager not impressive but the BMC lads will like it :)

Latest posts

Back