• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Bourbon Barrels in Denver Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Option

Reaction score
I am interested in mainly Rye Whiskey, Bourbon, possibly Pinot Barrels in just about any size you have in the Denver, Fort Collins, Co. Springs area. Useable condition for conditioning beer of course.
Let me know whats available,
Thanks.
-Trent

I had contact info for an employee of Stranahans that could get their once used whiskey barrels. They don't normally sell them to the "public" but she said she could get a few for what they sell them to the local microbreweries for. Not sure what the price was, as their barrels were too large for what I wanted, but I will double check and see if I kept her info.

I have a supplier of bourbon barrels. 10 gallon. Price is about $100 including tax. May have a way to get free transport to Colorado in late July. You could choose the type of liquor that was in the barrel. Usually bourbon and then some type of brandy..apple, etc. Have done three batches in them. Great bourbon barrel stout! Second and third+ batches produce great oak flavors. Getting ready to do an oak aged ipa. Yum. Let me know if interested and I will investigate.

Pm'ed you

I have a supplier of bourbon barrels. 10 gallon. Price is about $100 including tax. May have a way to get free transport to Colorado in late July. You could choose the type of liquor that was in the barrel. Usually bourbon and then some type of brandy..apple, etc. Have done three batches in them. Great bourbon barrel stout! Second and third+ batches produce great oak flavors. Getting ready to do an oak aged ipa. Yum. Let me know if interested and I will investigate.

Thank you! I would like to have one of these for home brewing but I am looking for bigger barrels for larger scale at this time.

Back