Wrong. Wrong. Wrong...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellynm

Reaction score
Hi all... I read quite a bit here, but haven't made many posts... but you all are going to love this!

I work with a guy who recently joined our local homebrew club. I was checking out his FB page and saw this:

(By the way, I put the pic on my site... )

Here's the direct link:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117965088033992240444/albums/5738324281370746465/5738324280427501650

Here's what he says as a caption:

"Blackberries. Honey and oat blender breakfast cereal hooch. Brewed in a black garbage bag with a homemade airlock. The pan is for spill containment."

All I can do is just shake my head!

Reminds me of a line from Fletch:

"Ever serve time?"

Haha! One of my favs!

Calculus Entropy: How do you do? I be Calculus Entropy, you be Mr.
and Mrs. Fletcher?

Fletch: I be Fletch, Geometry Fletch. She be Miss Trigonometry Ross.

You should ask him for some to try and then post back with the results! I'm thinking blackberries and black plastic might lend a unique flavor combination. :D

why bother? to me, seems like a waste of perfectly fine blackberries, honey and oats.

is there even any yeast in there? or is he hoping for a wild fermentation? if so, you couldn't pay me enough to drink that stuff.

Personally I think its kind of cool. Its kind of like how Johnny Rotten once did an album using no traditional instruments except for an accordion... which he recorded after throwing it down a flight of stairs.

The thing is, NONE of those things would probably be easily accessible to your inmate type person.....I don't think fresh blackberries and bran cereal are on most prison menus....and I don't think you could easily "keister" blackberrys without it being detected.

Now if this were ketchup, juicebox juice and yeast from a sock, it'd be a different story.

This is just a "practicing for the apocalypse" brew. ;)

Oh boy, I just pondered the implications of keistering blackberries and let me tell ya, I didnt like them.

I ferment fruit and cereal in garbage bags all the time. And when it smells good and ripe, or company's coming over, I rack it to secondary out by the curb. Funny thing is, I've never gotten to taste it. Some bastard in a truck shows up ever Monday morning and steals it!

Kindof puts MrBeer in perspective eh? Reminds me of the Red Green show a bit too...

LiveandLetDrive said:
I ferment fruit and cereal in garbage bags all the time. And when it smells good and ripe, or company's coming over, I rack it to secondary out by the curb. Funny thing is, I've never gotten to taste it. Some bastard in a truck shows up ever Monday morning and steals it!

Kindof puts MrBeer in perspective eh? Reminds me of the Red Green show a bit too...

Hahahahaha!!!!! That made my day!!

Back